• We will disclose how we use your information that we collect;
• Unless we need to use your information to provide our services to you or to comply with a legal or regulatory requirement:
o We will give you an opportunity to restrict our use of your information;
o We will give you an opportunity to tell us not to give your information to others; and
• We will give you an opportunity to correct your information in our records when it has been erroneously recorded.
These principles and our policy applies regardless of how we collect the information (electronically or otherwise).
YapStone will comply with the Irish data protection regime, in particular the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (collectively the “Act”) and the ePrivacy Regulations 2011.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide to us or one of our Partners or Merchants (such as by filling in webforms, applications, or as part of our customer due diligence procedures), including: information you provide (1) at the time of registering to use our services or our Partners’ services and who later provide such data to us; (2) in connection with contracting for or subscribing to the service of one of our Partners or Merchants, content you post on, to or through a Partner or Merchant; (3) in connection with requesting further services from us or any of them; or (4) information you provide when you report a problem to us or any of them in connection with our or their services, which may in each case include, for example, property ownership data, bank account information, address, telephone number, device identification or other sign-on information, geolocation data, and transaction information, as well as the use of such data.
• Information regarding using devices that allow electronic tracking of technical information is further explained below in the section titled IP ADDRESSES, COOKIES AND CLICK-THOUGH URLS;
• A record of any correspondence where you contact us;
• All responses to optional surveys that you complete;
• Details of the entire lifecycle of transactions you carry out through our services or those of our Partners or Merchants;
• The resources that you access on our Websites or those of our Partners or Merchants, as well as details of your visits to our Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data, whether such details are required for our own billing purposes or otherwise;
• When you initiate a payment transaction, financial information such as credit card, debit card, or bank account details in SEPA, BACS, or other Direct Debit Systems;
• Personal data which we are legally required to report to the authorities for certain payment transactions, such as when the payment transaction(s) volumes reaches a certain limit;
• Proof of your identity which we may request from you for identity verification purposes and to comply with applicable law. This may include collecting copies of your passport, driver’s license, utility bill, company information, or other documents we deem necessary to establish your identity, residence, or place of business. Such proofs of identification may be stored electronically on our servers in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
• Proof of property ownership, verification of bank account, or information that can identify you or verify your identity or location, including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, fax number, method of payment information (such as credit card), or the current physical location of you and any device you use to access a Website in connection with the use of our services or those of our Partners or Merchants. Such proof may be stored electronically on our servers in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
• Your IP address, computer information, and the times of each access to our services or Websites, which may be tracked against your records with us for purposes of preventing fraud, establishing your identity, creating an audit trail when using the services of YapStone, and to comply with applicable laws; and
• Information which you provide in response to competitions which may be made available on our website from time to time. You do not have to participate in these; however, if you choose to you may be asked to disclose some personal information. At the time of entering the competition it will be made clear to you who will have access to your personal information and why. You are not obliged to continue with your competition entry; however, if you do so you accept that you may receive a prize.
IP ADDRESSES, COOKIES AND CLICK-THOUGH URLS
We may collect technical information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our Partners. This is aggregate statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns. We will not sell or license your information to third parties to be used for marketing purposes, unless you have separately agreed to this.
For the same reasons, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie. A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. Cookies help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
• To store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests;
• To speed up the delivery of pages you commonly use; and
• To recognise you when you return to one of our Websites.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on our Website, as follows:
|Cookie Name||Cookie Type (Session/Persistent)||Purpose||Expiration Time|
|JSESSIONID||Session||Application session cookie||End of browser session|
|TS019e8e4a||Session||Tracking connections, session management||End of browser session|
|pll_language||Persistent||To determine browser language||1 year|
|visitor_*||Persistent||Tracking traffic on our Website and any Website hosted for us by Pardot.||10 years|
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their specified expiry date.
|Service||Expiry date||Cookie Names||Purpose|
|Google Analytics||Up to 2 years from set/update||_utma, _utmt, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz, _gatUA-5602371-11, _gid||Used to distinguish users and sessions / visits, traffic source or campaign; used to throttle request rate|
|New Relic||Up to 2 years||_ga, _JSESSIONID||Distinguish users in application performance monitoring; monitor session counts for an application|
We may occasionally use a “click-through URL”. When you click one of these URLs, you pass through our web server before arriving at your final destination. We track click-throughs to help us improve the user experience, determine your interest in particular topics, and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications.
You can learn more about cookies at the following third party websites:
● AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
● Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
Please be aware that YapStone is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, including our Partners’ websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Website to read the privacy statements of eachandevery website that collects personally identifiable information.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including Switzerland, India, the Philippines and the United States of America; for more information in relation to transfer to and storage in the United States of America, please see the section titled COMPLIANCE WITH US-EU PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK. Your data may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA and Switzerland who work for us or one of our Partners, Merchants or affiliated companies, or one of our third-party suppliers, or third-party service providers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your transaction, the processing of your payment details, improving our Websites and services, technical support, fraud review, and the provision of other support services. YapStone may transfer your personal data to Yapstone Holdings, Inc., the United States-based parent company of YapStone, and/or any of its subsidiaries located in the United States for the purposes specified below, including verifying your identity, your location or payment information in connection with our services or those of our Partners or Merchants, or in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, as well as for group administration and management purposes.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or secure servers licensed for use by us. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our service or Website, or where you or engage with our customer service team, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share that password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; and any transmission is taken at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use commercially reasonable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your electronic device;
• To allow smooth interaction between you and customer support;
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or a Partner;
• To provide you with information about products or services (whether ours or a third party’s) where you have requested this, or, where you have separately agreed to this, which we feel may interest you;
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
• To allow us to carry out our contractual obligations to our Partners or our Merchants in connection with providing Processing Services to facilitate payment by users of online platforms or online marketplaces to Merchants to whom the users owe a payment obligation.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• To notify you about changes to our services;
• To perform the necessary due diligence on you and our customers including, for example, information necessary to meet legal Customer Due Diligence, Know Your Customer and Anti-Money Laundering obligations, such as name, date of birth and current address of individuals and / or beneficial owners of property, photo identification, utility bill copies or similar documents;
• To detect, investigate, prevent, protect against, remediate and reduce the risks of chargebacks and fraud in our system, unauthorized transactions, or activity we think is suspicious or may be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful, to build fraud and credit risk models to assist in the screening of users for the purposes of identifying fraudsters, preventing fraud and minimising associated credit risk, which may include credit checks under the conditions of local law, sharing of relevant data with vendors to improve our system and services, or sharing such data in order to comply with our legal, regulatory or compliance obligations or assist law enforcement with respect to criminal or suspected criminal acts, including responding to a valid request by a law enforcement agency or regulatory or governmental authority, and use or disclosure of such data or information in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, people and other rights or interests; and
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any affiliate YapStone, including, Yapstone Holdings, Inc. and the subsidiaries of Yapstone Holdings, Inc.
We may disclose your data to Partners and third parties:
• If you’ve requested their services or if you’ve requested to be provided with information by them;
• If you have done (or have agreed to do) business with them;
• Where we are providing you services, and the third party offers services you may be interested in;
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If Yapstone International Limited, or Yapstone Holdings, Inc. or any of its affiliates, have substantially all of their assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about you may be one of the transferred assets;
• For the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and the prevention and reporting of money laundering or other criminal or suspected criminal activity, including the building of fraud and credit risk models to assist in the screening of users for the purposes of identifying fraudsters, preventing fraud and minimising associated credit risk for YapStone, its Partners, Merchants and other users of its Services;
• Where such third parties provide services to us that facilitate the provision of our services to you;
• Pursuant to a valid request or subpoena from law enforcement, regulators, court, or other government body; and
• With your permission.
COMPLIANCE WITH US-EU PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK
YapStone Holdings Inc. adheres to the principles of the US-EU Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from EEA member countries. YapStone Holdings Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Privacy Principles. For more information regarding how we comply with the US-EU Privacy Shield, please read our statement here: http://www.yapstone.com/legal/privacy-shield.
YOUR RIGHTS RELATED TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our Partner networks, advertisers, and other affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
When you download or use apps relating to our Websites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
PHISHING OR FALSE EMAILS
If you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from us or one of our Partners or third parties that requests your personal information (such as your personal information, credit card number, YapStone login, or password), or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information. This is sometimes referred to as a “phishing” or “spoofing.” We do not ask for this type of information in an email. Do not provide the information or click on the link. If you receive any suspected phishing or spoofing emails, please report it to YILprivacyofficer@yapstone.com.
Promotions, incentives, or giveaways may be made available through YapStone, our Partners, or third parties from time to time. You do not have to participate in these. However, if you choose to participate, you may be asked to disclose some personal information. Additionally, at the time of entering the promotion, we will disclose in its specific terms and conditions regarding how your personal information will be used. Please do not participate in any promotion if you do not agree to such usage.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you, and to rectify any errors in, and in limited circumstances to request deletion of, that information. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of at least €6.35 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND INDEPENDENT RECOURSE MECHANISM