Last week, Troy Scarlott, SVP Marketing at YapStone and Skot Carruth, Managing Partner of philosophie presented at General Assembly Los Angeles. In “Get Clear: Why Brand Strategy Should Be Part of Your Product Roadmap“, Troy and Skot shared their personal insights on the value of a comprehensive brand strategy and lessons learned in creating a brand for companies of any size – from startups to enterprise. Troy also presented the YapStone brand case study based on the rebranding efforts of the past year.
YapStone has undergone a significant rebrand of its own, including messaging, mission, and brand identity that can be seen in the new YapStone corporate website. Troy also revealed four important reasons for every company to commit time, energy and resources to brand strategy:
- To strengthen and align our team around a real purpose
- To maintain true focus and minimize “shiny object” syndrome
- To not just attract customers, but to get them to join the conversation, share and discuss.
- To build a scalable foundation for growth and success
If you missed the talk, we have provided a condensed version of the presentation here:
- Slide 2-6: Why your business needs to consider brand strategy.
- Slide 7-13: Troy’s POV and insight on how to begin building a brand strategy or revise a current one.
- Slide 14-20: Steps to take when creating a brand strategy, no matter if you’re a lean start up or large corporation.
- Slide 21-37: YapStone’s rebrand story as a case study as well as a behind the scenes look at our corporate rebrand.
Thank you to everyone who attended and a special thank you to our partners, philosophie and General Assembly.